What is safety video?
A safety video is an instructional video intended to train the employees, stakeholders, users of a building or transport, guests and others to remain safe at a workplace, building and transport during travelling, presence in a particular location, or in normal day to day life.
How do you make a safety training video?
How To Create Engaging Safety Training Videos
- Focus On Realistic Compliance Challenges.
- Keep It Brief.
- Use Animations For Hazardous Tasks.
- Include Personal Anecdotes And Examples.
- Optimize For Mobile Viewing.
- Host A Viewing Party For Direct Feedback.
- Invest In Video Editing Software.
- Hire A Professional Video Production Team.
What are the 5 steps to a safer workplace?
5 Steps To A Safer Workplace
- Assure management’s commitment to safety and health.
- Assure policies and procedures are written down, spelled out and consistently applied.
- Use repetition to manage people well.
- Assure competency in supervisors.
- Follow up and review.
How do you film a training video?
There are a few key steps that will help ensure success.
- Step 1: Pick your topic.
- Step 2: Choose the type of training video you want to create.
- Step 3: Script and storyboard.
- Step 4: Recording and editing your training video.
- Step 5: Review and iterate.
- Step 6: Produce, host, and distribute your training video.
How can I improve my workplace safety?
Hold people accountable and makes sure everyone does their part.
- Establish an active workplace safety and health safety committee.
- Make daily safety inspections part of some employees’ jobs.
- Keep employees informed about safety inspections, injury and illness statistics, and other safety-related issues.
How do you ensure employee safety?
10 Easy Workplace Safety Tips
- Train employees well.
- Reward employees for safe behavior.
- Partner with occupational clinicians.
- Use labels and signs.
- Keep things clean.
- Make sure employees have the right tools and have regular equipment inspections.
- Encourage stretch breaks.
- Implement safety protocols from the start.
How do you keep a workplace safe?
Make your workplace safer
- Involve everyone in health and safety.
- Identify hazards in your workplace.
- Assess risks.
- Control risks.
- Review controls.
- Record and report safety issues.
- Support return to work.
- Make your workplace healthier.
What are safety tips?
The 2019 Top Ten Safety Tips
- Use tools and machines properly.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Be safe in the cold weather.
- Follow procedure, don’t take shortcuts.
- Wear your protective gear.
- If you see unsafe conditions, let a supervisor know.
- Take breaks.
- Stay sober.
What do you say at the end of a training video?
To conclude an online meeting avoid just saying things like:
- We’re out of time now so let’s wrap up.
- Hey, we’ve wrapped up early for once.
- If no one wants to add anything then let’s finish here.
- I think that’s all for today.
How long should a training video be?
The majority of viewers want informational and instructional videos to be less than 20 minutes, with a preference toward the 3-6 minute ranges. And when we analyzed over 50 of our tutorials to measure our videos’ engagement and found that the average length of our tutorials is 3:13.
Why is workplace safety is important?
Keeping workers safe will improve employee morale and when employees are happy with their job, the more productive they will be. Employees operate much more efficiently when they know they can complete their job or task without their health being affected. An effective safety program also works to reduce risk.