To run or debug a simple app in VS Code, select Run and Debug on the Debug start view or press F5 and VS Code will try to run your currently active file. However, for most debugging scenarios, creating a launch configuration file is beneficial because it allows you to configure and save debugging setup details.
- Step 1: Reproduce the bug.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources panel UI.
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint.
- Step 4: Step through the code.
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint.
- Step 6: Check variable values. Method 1: The Scope pane. Method 2: Watch Expressions.
- Step 7: Apply a fix.
- Next steps.
There are two ways to achieve this:
- Just add launch. json and give your file_name . and start debugging. For example, If your file_name is index.js .
- The second option is to create a package. json and give your file an entry point. when you press F5 , vscode will consider this file as starting point.
- Cross-Browser Testing Tools.
How do I add a breakpoint in Visual Studio for Mac?
Set a breakpoint To do that, place the cursor in the line of code and press ⌘ \ ( command + \ ). Another way to set a breakpoint is by selecting Run > Toggle Breakpoint from the menu. Visual Studio indicates the line on which the breakpoint is set by highlighting it and displaying a red dot in the left margin.
How do I debug a single file in Visual Studio?
Try this: go to File->New->Project… and pick a win32 console application. In the next wizard, go to Application Settings , and check “Empty Project”, and hit OK. Now you have empty project and solution files which you can copy/paste wherever you want them; to debug, just open the . sln file, drag in your single .
How do I open debug console in Visual Studio?
Press F5 to run the program in Debug mode. Another way to start debugging is by choosing Debug > Start Debugging from the menu. Enter a string in the console window when the program prompts for a name, and then press Enter .