How do you say sunglasses in Puerto Rico?
“Gafas” in Puerto Rico is “sunglasses”, “espejuelos” is “eyeglasses” and “lentes” is “lenses”.
How do Mexicans say glasses?
In North México we say “lentes” for glasses, and “lentes de sol / lentes oscuros” for sunglasses. This is also valid in southern Mexico.
How do you say sunglasses in Colombia?
- ‘Sunglasses’ translates as: gafas de sol (pronounced: GAH-fahs deh sohl) lentes de sol (pronounced: LEHN-tehs deh sohl)
- Sunglasses = Lentes de sol Gafas de sol.
- Los anteojos is a formal term for glasses and las gafas is a slang for sunglasses.
What does Chiripiorca mean in English?
Spanish term or phrase: chiripiorca. English translation: freaks out/flips out.
How do you say eyeglass frame in Spanish?
“eyeglass frames” in Spanish
- volume_up. monturas de gafas.
- volume_up. marcos de gafas.
What does Patatus mean?
masculine noun. informal. fit informal. como se entere tu madre le da un patatús — if your mother finds out, she’ll have a fit.
What does Acho mean in Puerto Rico?
Acho and chacho are contractions of the Spanish word “muchacho” which means “boy”. Just like most Spanish speaking countries, Puerto Ricans have a way of shortening words.
Is Punta a slang word?
Punta is NOT a slang word. Punta is what non-hispanics think is Puta. For some reason they put the “N” in it. “Did you hear that Puta call her a Punta? hahaaha Whats a Punta?” Get a Punta mug for your barber Trump. PUNTA doesn’t mean puta. PUNTA is a traditional dance in Honduras performed my Garifuna musicians. Ruperta was learning to dance punta.
What does Punto mean in Spanish?
The term basically means the tip of something (tip of your tongue, tip of the iceburg, etc.) but for more accurate and other meanings, click the dictionary tab and type in the word. Lise-Laroche posted this. 1. What does Punto mean in Spanish bad word? 2. Does Punta mean period? 3. What is the English for Punta? 4.
What is Puntas?
1) A point of land extending into a body of water. 2) Rude term for the buttocks, usually female. 1) Punta Blanca – White point . 2) “What a punta !” Get a punta mug for your fish Nathalie. I need to get some puntas. Get a Puntas mug for your Uncle Jerry.
How important is slang in learning Spanish?
When you are willing to learn any new language, slang is bound to be a significant part of your journey. This is especially so for the Spanish language since Spanish culture is quite warm and talkative. The native Spanish people use slang words often in their daily lives.