What are fog lights for?
Fog lights are designed to be used at low speed in fog, heavy mist, snow and other poor-visibility situations. They’re different from daytime running lights. They are an extra pair of lights mounted low on the vehicle, with the thinking that fog doesn’t settle on the road surface but hovers 12 to 18 inches above it.
Can I add fog lights to my car?
Installing fog lights on a vehicle that doesn’t have them already is trickier than replacing old fog lights. You’ll have to add some wiring yourself, and you may have to drill a hole for the lights. Luckily, most vehicles today already have fog lights.
How do you install aftermarket fog lights?
How To Install Aftermarket Fog Lights and Wiring Harness
- Step 1: Using a plastic pry tool, carefully pry out the stock bezel from the top down to pop it out.
- Step 2: Reveal the installation area behind the wheel well liner.
- Step 3: Lock your fog light’s tabs on the right to your bumper.
What is the best fog light for car?
14 Best Fog Lights for Your Car or Truck
- Blazer Baja Light Kit.
- Anzo Rugged Vision LED Off-Road Lights.
- Pentair Yellow Lens Fog Lights Kit.
- Warn Fog Light Kit.
- Hella Micro FF Fog Light Kit.
- Universal Projector-Style Fog Lights With Blue Halo Rings.
- Blazer Ultra White Round Projector Fog Lights.
- PIAA Ion 540 Series Fog Lights.
Can you use aftermarket fog lights?
If you replace your stock fog lights with aftermarket fog lights, you may finally start seeing in inclement weather. You aren’t limited to installing them as fog lights, however. You can mount these lights in other places on your vehicle to get more light as well as a more aggressive look.
Are LED fog lights better?
Many halogen fog light bulbs are also road legal. However, if you don’t mind spending more initially, and are willing to install them, then LED fog lights give off a sleek, modern look, producing a brighter light in comparison to halogen. LEDs perform better, last longer, and save you money in the long run.