How do I access the BIOS on a Dell server?
To access the BIOS system setup, press the F2 key while the system is powering on. From the Main menu screen, select System BIOS. Load the default settings by selecting Default.
How do I access iDRAC BIOS?
Press F2 to access the main menu. From the System Setup Main Menu screen, select the iDRAC Settings menu option.
How install OS on Dell iDRAC?
Steps to follow:
- Insert the OS installation media (DVD Drive, USB, Virtual Media of iDRAC) and boot on it.
- Press F11 during startup to select the boot device.
- Follow the OS installation wizard.
- Once the OS is installed, manually install the missing drivers.
How do I deploy OS with Lifecycle Controller?
Steps to follow:
- Press F10 during boot to enter the Lifecycle Controller (LCC).
- Select OS Deployment in the left-hand menu.
- Click Deploy OS.
- Select Configure RAID First or Go Directly to OS Deployment depending on if you have a RAID set up already or not.
- If applicable, follow the wizard to set up the RAID disk.
How do you get to the boot menu on a Dell?
Power the computer on. At the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 function key rapidly. You can see Preparing one-time boot menu appear in the top-right corner of the screen. At the boot menu, select the device under UEFI BOOT that matches your media type (USB or DVD).
How do I access my Dell Lifecycle Controller?
Turn on or restart the server and press F10 to start Lifecycle Controller. NOTE If you miss pressing F10, restart the server and press F10. NOTE The Initial Setup Wizard is displayed only when you start Lifecycle Controller for the first time. Select the language and keyboard type and click Next.
What is the Dell Lifecycle Controller?
Dell Lifecycle Controller is an advanced embedded systems management technology that enables remote server management using integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC). Using Lifecycle Controller, you can update the firmware using a local or Dell-based firmware repository.