What is the validity period for central excise registration certificate?
Once a Central Excise Registration is completed, the registration is valid unless it is suspended, revoked or surrendered. In case a manufacturer or producer liable to pay Central Excise does not obtain Central Excise Registration, a penalty of up to Rs. 10,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 7 years can be imposed.
Who pays central excise duty?
Central excise duty is an indirect tax, i.e. each person, rich or poor, is liable to pay tax indirectly on purchase of goods which have already been charged to duty. This tax is administered under the authority of Entry 84 of Union List of the Seventh Schedule read with Article 226 of the Constitution of India.
What is central excise rules?
Central Excise (Determination of Retail Sale Price of Excisable Goods) Rules, 2008. Customs and Central Excise Duties and Service Tax Drawback Rules, 1995. Central Excise (Removal of Difficulties) Rules, 2005. Central Excise (Removal of Goods at Concessional Rate of Duty for Manufacture of Excisable Goods) Rules, 2001.
How can I get central excise registration certificate?
- Central Excise.
- Procedure of obtaining registration.
- Grant of registration.
- Stage of filing application for registration.
- Validity of registration certificate.
- Transferabilityof registration certificate.
- Requirement of amendment in registration certificate.
- Requirement of exhibition of registration certificate.
How do I know my central excise registration number?
3 Easy Steps for Assessee Verification
- As a first step, simply visit the website of the Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- In the bottom right of your screen, you will find an option for an Assessee-Code-based Search.
- Now simply enter the 15-digit code and clear image verification.
How do I register for central excise?
2) Registration in Central Excise presently envisages filing of application online on ACES, submission of documents, examination of documents, verification of premises by the departmental officer, submission of verification report, generation of Registration Certificate by the Deputy / Assistant Commissioner, dispatch …
Which Act is applicable for Central Excise in excise duty?
(a)a duty of excise to be called the Central Value Added Tax (CENVAT)] on all excisable goods (excluding goods produced or manufactured in special economic zones) which are produced or manufactured in India as, and at the rates, set forth in the First Schedule to the Central Excise Tariff Act, 1985 (5 of 1986);
How do I know my Central Excise registration number?
How can I access my old service tax portal?
Visit www.aces.gov.in, click on Service Tax button and, enter your username and password to login in to Service Tax application.
Which type of preparation is exempted from excise duty?
Self-generating preparation containing alcohol were earlier exempted from excise duty. However, now all such preparations are chargeable with 4% ad valorem excise duty. Those with more than 2% self-generated alcohol and being capable of consumed as a beverage are charged duty of 4% ad valorem.