Table of Contents
What does D t mean in geocaching?
6.13. Ratings for difficulty and terrain (D/T) Every geocache has a difficulty (D) rating and a terrain (T) rating on a 5-star scale. It is known as the D/T rating.
Can you use Google Maps for geocaching?
Show Geocache On Google Maps. Quickly see a geocache’s location on a Google map. Click on our icon when looking at a geocache page and its location will be shown using a Google map in a new tab. Makes it easy to use features such as street view, measure distances and more!
How do you find a good spot for a geocache?
How to pick a good geocache location
- Pick a location you would like to discover if you were searching for a cache.
- Pick a place for the long-term.
- Pick a place where someone can search without looking too suspicious.
- Follow local land policies and ask for permission.
How do I download maps from geocaching?
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Lists section in your Geocaching® app.
- Tap the ellipsis (…) next to the List that you want to download.
- Select Download Offline Data.
Which geocache app is best?
Here’s our list of the 5 best apps for geocaching:
- Geocaching by Groundspeak. This is the game’s official app, which is why it appears first in this list (and also because it is compatible with both Android and iOS).
- Cache Maid.
- Looking 4 Cache Pro.
Can you use a cell phone for geocaching?
Since geocaching required a GPS, Android-based smartphones are a great tool to use since you normally have them with you.
What is FP in geocaching?
After you found the geocache and signed the logbook, you can award a Favorite point when logging the cache. On Geocaching.com, award a Favorite point while you log your “Find”.
What is GZ in geocaching?
Ground Zero (GZ) The point where your GPS device shows that you have reached the geocache location. At ground zero, you are zero feet (or zero meters) away from your destination. Groundspeak.
How old is the oldest geocache?
GC30 Mingo – Oldest Active Geocache in the World – Mingo KS, 67701.