What is the best dehumidifier for a 3 bedroom house?
The best dehumidifiers in 2022
- Meaco 25L Low Energy Dehumidifier. Best dehumidifier overall.
- EcoAir DD1 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier. Best quiet dehumidifier.
- ElectriQ Portable Low Energy Dehumidifier.
- Pro Breeze 500ml Compact Mini.
- Duronic DH05 Mini Dehumidifier.
- De’Longhi Tasciugo AriaDry DX10.
- MeacoDry Arete One 20L.
How many Litres should my dehumidifier be?
4. What size dehumidifier do I need?
|Environment Conditions||Less than 100 Square Feet||300 Square Feet|
|Mild Damp||250 ml /day||1 L/day|
|Moderate Damp||250 ml /day||8 L/day|
|Severe Damp||5 L /day||12 L/day|
|Drenched||7 L /day||14 L/day|
How do I calculate the size of my dehumidifier?
You need to provide dehumidification capacity for three air changes per hour (ACH).
- Volume = 100 x 50 x 50 = 250,000 cu. ft.
- SCFM = 250,000 / 60 = 4,167 SCFM.
- Dehumidification capacity = 4,167 SCFM x 3 ACH = 12,501 SCFM.
Where is best place for dehumidifier?
The best place to put a dehumidifier is in the location closest to the source of the moisture. In multi-level homes, this means that dehumidifiers should most often be placed in basements or upstairs close to the stairs to your basement. This is because the basement is the most humid place in your home.
Can a dehumidifier be too large?
Dehumidifiers can indeed be too big for a space within your home. Having a bigger dehumidifier than the area requires means your electricity is working harder than it should.
Will a dehumidifier make a room cooler?
Although a dehumidifier does not produce cool air like your air conditioning system, it does draw moisture from the air. This, in return, can make your home feel several degrees cooler and significantly more comfortable.