What are the different types of PA?
What Are the Most Popular PA Specialties?
- Family medicine/general practice: 19.2 percent.
- Surgical subspecialties: 18.5 percent.
- Emergency medicine: 13.0 percent.
- Internal medicine subspecialties: 9.4 percent.
- Internal medicine general practice: 4.7 percent.
- Dermatology: 4.0 percent.
- Hospital medicine: 3.5 percent.
What are the four types of PA?
And that hiring the right kind of assistant is critical for leveraging your time.
- Level 1: The Gofer.
- Level 2: The Administrative Assistant.
- Level 3: The Executive Assistant.
- Level 4: The Chief of Staff or The Executive Officer.
What kind of PA can you be?
Physician Assistants Have a Choice of Specialties PAs practice in a wide variety of specialties ranging from family practice and pediatrics to surgical subspecialties, including plastic and reconstructive surgery, vascular surgery, transplant surgery and trauma surgery.
Which PA gets paid the most?
Cardiovascular/cardiothoracic surgery topped the list as the highest-paid physician assistant specialty in 2020, according to the American Academy of Physician Assistants Salary Report published June 16.
What is the difference between a PA and a PA C?
The “C” indicates that a PA is certified by the National Commission of Certification of PAs. This certification requires 100 hours of continuing medical education every two years, along with passing a national recertification exam every six years to maintain that very important “C”.
What is the highest paid PA?
The highest-paid PAs worked at occupational medicine worksites, with an average compensation of $124,000. Following that, PAs working in critical access hospitals earned an average of $121,875 and PAs working in ICUs earned $120,000.
How do I choose a PA specialty?
How to deconstruct specialties
- Medical aspects. When considering a specialty, the medical aspects that would be involved in a practice are usually the most obvious factors.
- Patient continuity and relationship building.
- Practice environment.
- Team dynamic.
How long is physician assistant school?
3 academic years
Learn more about getting into a PA program: Full list of PA programs with requirements (healthcare experience hours, standardized exams, prerequisite coursework, GPA, etc.) Most programs are approximately 26 months (3 academic years) and award master’s degrees. They include classroom instruction and clinical rotations.