What are the recommended requirements for Windows Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2 for RAM?
Microsoft’s recommended Windows Server 2012 R2 requirements include a single 2 GHz, 64-bit processor core, 2 GB of RAM, a 40 GB disk partition and a standard Ethernet (10/100 Mbps or faster) network connection. The server will also require access to an optical drive, along with access to a keyboard, video and mouse.
What are the password requirements for a password to meet the complexity requirements?
- No common names or dictionary words.
- No sequences of more than 4 digits in a row.
- Include at least one character from at least 3 of these categories: Uppercase letter. Lowercase letter.
- Password reset/expiration period as follows: 10-20 characters = no periodic reset/expiration required.
What process must be followed to enable Microsoft Passport on an active directory based security network?
Note: To enable Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello, the user simply clicks or taps Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and selects the options they prefer. Users must have either their Microsoft Account or their Azure Active Directory account connected in Windows settings.
How do I configure Active Directory authentication?
Add an Active Directory Authentication Domain and Server
- Select Authentication > Servers > Active Directory.
- Click Add. The Active Directory wizard appears.
- Click Next. The Domain Name page appears.
- In the Domain Name text box, specify the name of the Active Directory domain.
How do I enable Active Directory authentication and generate a secret key?
Step 1: Enable Active Directory Authentication and generate a secret key. Clicking enable will bring up a two fields. In the second, click on the link marked Generate New Key. This will bring up a modal that will allow you to generate a one time secret key.
Does Windows 2022 require TPM?
TPM 2.0 is mandatory (should be installed and configured) for the following PowerEdge Servers shipping with Windows Server 2022 Operating System.
How do I remove password requirements?
Method 1 – Use the Policy Editor
- Press the Windows and R keys and open a new Run window.
- Then type gpedit. msc or secpol. msc. Press Enter to launch the Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to Security Settings.
- Then select Password Policy.
- Locate Password must meet complexity requirements.
- Disable this setting.
How do I authenticate LDAP?
To configure LDAP authentication, from Policy Manager:
- Click . Or, select Setup > Authentication > Authentication Servers. The Authentication Servers dialog box appears.
- Select the LDAP tab.
- Select the Enable LDAP server check box. The LDAP server settings are enabled.
What are the system requirements for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager?
Please make sure you have the required hardware before installing System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. Processor – AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T support. The minimum processor speed expected is 1.4 GHz. RAM – A minimum of 2 GB RAM is required.
What’s new in the R2 toolkit for System Center 2012?
Note: Items with an * are new in the R2 Toolkit and require Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager for full functionality. * DP Job Manager – A tool that helps troubleshoot and manage ongoing content distribution jobs to Configuration Manager distribution points.
Which lifecycle policy does Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager follow?
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager follows the Fixed Lifecycle Policy.
Which version of Windows Server 2012 is required for enterprise mobility?
6) Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 (Standard Edition and Datacenter Edition) – (x64) with minimum .NET Framework 4.5. Prajwal Desai is a Microsoft MVP in Enterprise Mobility.