Table of Contents
How much it cost to get an LLC in Florida?
|Annual Report (& Supplemental Fee)
|Filing Fee (Required)
|Registered Agent Fee (Required)
|Total Fee For New Florida/Foreign LLC
|Change of Registered Agent
How do I organize my LLC in Florida?
Create your LLC with Nolo
- Choose a name for your LLC.
- Appoint a registered agent.
- File articles of organization.
- Prepare an operating agreement.
- Obtain an EIN.
- File annual reports.
What can a LLC help with?
An LLC’s simple and adaptable business structure is perfect for many small businesses. While both corporations and LLCs offer their owners limited personal liability, owners of an LLC can also take advantage of LLC tax benefits, management flexibility and minimal recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
What is needed for an LLC in Florida?
To start a Florida LLC, you’ll need to file the Articles of Organization with the Florida Division of Corporations. The filing fee is $125. This can be done online at the SunBiz website or by mail. The Articles of Organization is the document that officially creates your Florida limited liability company.
How do I start a business in Florida with no money?
How to Start a Business When You Have No Money
- Beg and borrow. The place many first-time business owners go for funds: friends and family.
- Liquidate some assets.
- Find a partner.
- Tap your credit line or retirement funds.
- Start small.
- Leverage freebies.
- Keep your day job.
Can I be my own registered agent in Florida?
Registered Agent Name and Address An entity cannot serve as its own registered agent. However, an individual or principal associated with the business may serve as the registered agent. The registered agent must have a physical street address in Florida.
How long does it take to get LLC approved in Florida?
Mail filings: In total, mail filing approvals for Florida LLCs take 3-4 weeks. This accounts for the 5-7 business day processing time, plus the time your documents are in the mail. Online filings: In total, online filing approvals for Florida LLCs take 1-2 business days.
Do I need an EIN for my LLC in Florida?
An LLC will need an EIN if it has any employees or if it will be required to file any of the excise tax forms listed below. Most new single-member LLCs classified as disregarded entities will need to obtain an EIN.
How do I get the money to start a business in Florida?
The Best Small Business Grants in Florida
- Florida High Tech Corridor Grant.
- Enterprise Florida Grants.
- Prospera Small Business Grants.
- USDA Rural Business Development Grant.
- Amber Grant.
- National Association for the Self-Employed Grant.
- Federal Minority Business Grants.
- FedEx Small Business Grant Contest.
How do I fund my LLC?
Protect Your Business
- Evaluate Your Own Assets.
- Contact Your Personal Network for Informal Loans.
- Invite New Members to Your LLC Team.
- Look into Credit Cards for Short-Term Financing.
- Apply for Conventional Loans From Institutional Lenders.
- Check Out Government-Sponsored Grant and Loan Programs.