How do I make an image deployable in Windows 10?
In this article
- Step 1: Configure Active Directory permissions.
- Step 2: Set up the MDT production deployment share.
- Step 3: Add a custom image.
- Step 4: Add an application.
- Step 5: Prepare the drivers repository.
- Step 6: Create the deployment task sequence.
- Step 7: Configure the MDT production deployment share.
How do I create a Windows image for mass deployment?
In this article
- Step 1: Copy the Windows installation source files to a network share.
- Step 2: Install Windows onto your reference computer.
- Step 3: Capture an image of the installation.
- Step 4: Create a custom answer file.
- Step 5: Deploy the image by using Windows Setup.
- Next Steps.
- Related topics.
How do I create a deployed sysprep image in Windows 10?
How Do You Use Sysprep to Create Generic Windows Images?
- Boot your Windows in audit mode.
- Customize the installation by changing configurations, adding drivers and programs.
- Run the Sysprep tool by clicking Generalize, Shutdown and OK in the System Preparation Tool window that appeared right after booting in audit mode.
How do I create a Windows deployment Service image?
Steps to Create a Capture Image using the WDS console:
- On WDS Server, open Server Manager Console.
- Click on Tools and select Windows Deployment Services.
- Expand the Server name. Expand and click on Boot Images.
- Right-click on the existing boot image and select Create Capture Image.
How do I create a Windows 10 ISO image?
In the tool, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC > Next. Select the language, architecture, and edition of Windows, you need and select Next. Select ISO file > Next, and the tool will create your ISO file for you.
What is imaging deployment?
What is Image Deployment? Image deployment involves customizing the operating system (OS), applications, drivers and settings on a single computer and creating an image of it, then automatically deploying this image to other computers.
How do I create a WDS image in Windows 10?
How do I Create a bootable image for my computer?
To create a system image in Windows 7, open Start > Getting Started > Back up your files. Then, in the left-hand pane, click Create a system image, and select the destination. This might be an external hard disk drive or some other large volume. You can also write to DVDs (you’ll need more than one) or Blu-ray.
Why is image based installation better?
Imaging systems with tools available in Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 that leverage image-based installations allow for easier initial setup, overall system deployment, and an improvement to image storage and management.
How to deploy a custom image in Windows 10?
Deploy a Custom Image Prerequisites Step 1: Copy the Windows product DVD source files to a network share Step 2: Create a master installation Step 3: Capture an image of the installation Step 4: Create a custom answer file Step 5: Deploy the image by using Windows Setup Next Steps Related topics
How do I deploy an image to a network share?
Deploy Image Using Windows Setup 1 Boot the destination computer by using your bootable Windows PE media. 2 Connect to the network share that you specified in Step 4: Create a custom answer file, and then run Setup with your… See More….
How to deploy a Windows 10 image using MDT?
Deploy a Windows 10 image using MDT 1 Configure Active Directory permissions 2 Set up the MDT production deployment share 3 Add a custom image 4 Add an application 5 Prepare the drivers repository 6 Create the deployment task sequence 7 Configure the MDT production deployment share 8 Deploy the Windows 10 client image
How do I deploy a boot image to Windows 10?
First, you need to add the boot image to Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and then start the deployment.