How do I archive PST files in Outlook?
To manually archive Outlook items, do the following:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Cleanup Tools.
- Click Archive.
- Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and then click the folder that you want to archive.
- Under Archive items older than, enter a date.
How do I move my Outlook PST file to a new computer?
How to transfer Outlook data from one computer to another computer
- Select the File tab.
- In the Info category, select the Account Settings button and then select Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings window, select the Data Files tab.
- Select Add, select Outlook data file (.
- Type a unique name for the new .
Where do PST files get saved?
pst is stored in the drive:\Documents and Settingsser\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. Notes: The default location of the . pst file is a hidden folder.
Where are Outlook Archive files stored?
The archive file is a special type of data file, a Personal Folders file (. pst). The first time AutoArchive runs, Outlook creates the archive file automatically in the following locations: Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.
How do I backup my Outlook PST file to an external hard drive?
pst file that you can restore later as needed and use by importing.
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, and then select Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.
- Select the mail folder you want to back up and select Next.
- Choose a location and name for your backup file, and then select Finish.
Where are my Outlook archive files?
How to Find the Archive Folder
- Open Outlook.
- Select the View tab.
- Select Folder Pane in the Layout section, then select Normal from the drop-down list.
- The Archive folder should now appear in the folders list. Open the folder to find the archived message you need.
How to open archive pst file in Microsoft Outlook?
– On the File menu, point to New, and then select Personal Folders File (.pst). – Select Create to open the Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box. – Enter a file name for your new Personal Folders (.pst) file, and then select OK. – You should have a new Personal Folders (.pst) file in your profile.
How do I open an Outlook pst file?
Open Outlook 2010.
How to create a pst file in outlook?
Select the File tab.
How to restore archive outlook?
Method 1: Access the emails directly from the Navigation panel. You can go to the navigation pane directly and open an archive folder or it’s a subfolder.