Table of Contents
Why is my out of office message not working?
Cause 1: There is a backlog of mailbox assistant events (Exchange 2010 only). Cause 2: The OOF rules templates are malformed or corrupted. Cause 3: The OOF rules quota is exceeded, and new rules cannot be created. Cause 4: The Remote Domain setting for the default (or specific) domain is not set to allow OOF messages.
How do you change out of office in exchange?
Locate Users > Active users (or Groups > Shared mailboxes if you set this on a shared mailbox). Select a user who has a Microsoft Exchange mailbox. On the flyout menu on the right, locate Mail settings > Automatic replies (if it’s a shared mailbox, just locate Automatic replies on the flyout).
Why can’t I put out of office on Outlook?
If you don’t see Automatic Replies after selecting File, you’re probably using a Gmail, Yahoo, or other POP or IMAP account that doesn’t support the Outlook Automatic Replies feature. You can setup a rule that will reply to incoming messages, but only if you leave Outlook running.
How do I set an out of office message in Exchange Admin Center?
Set Out of Office Message in Exchange Admin Center Next, choose Options -> Organize Email -> Automatic replies.
How do I turn on out of office in Exchange 2010?
Type the OOO message and click Save. However if you want to send OOO replies to people outside the organization, select automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization. Choose Send replies to all external senders. Type the OOO message, Click Save and Close the browser.
How do I change my out of office message on Outlook?
- In Outlook, select the File tab within the top-left corner. Select Automatic Replies.
- Select the Send automatic replies radio button.
- Select the Outside My Organization tab.
- Your out of office message is now set.
How do I set up out of office in Exchange 2010?
Configure auto-reply options using the Exchange Control Panel
- From Mail > Options, select Another User (default My Organization).
- Select the user you want to configure the auto-reply for.
- In the new window, ensure the user’s name is displayed in the alert message, and then click Tell people you’re on vacation.
How do I change the auto reply for a shared mailbox in Outlook?
Choose Open another mailbox Type in the name or email address of the Shared Mailbox and select it. Click the settings cog on the top right and then click Automatic replies. Configure your automatic reply and you’re done.
How do I set up out-of-office in Exchange 2019?
Setting up automatic replies for users Select the user for whom you want to set the automatic reply. The user’s mailbox options are displayed. Here, you can set up the out-of-office reply on the right side under Set up an automatic reply message.
How do I set up out of office in Outlook 2021?
- Select File > Automatic Replies.
- Select Send automatic replies.
- If you don’t want the messages to go out right away, select Only send during this time range.
- Choose the dates and times you’d like to set your automatic reply for.
- Type in a message.
- Select OK.
How do I set up an automatic reply in Outlook app?
In Outlook for iOS and Android, you can set up Out of Office replies for Microsoft 365, Exchange, Exchange (Hybrid), and Outlook.com accounts. To set up out of the office replies, tap Settings, tap your account, tap Automatic Replies, and then toggle the switch on.
How do I turn on automatic replies in non Exchange account in Outlook?
For Microsoft Office Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010 Please go to this section: How to enable Automatic Replies in non-exchange account. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send Automatic Replies check box. If you want to specify a set time and date range, select the Only send during this time range check box.
Can you put an out of office message on a shared mailbox?
Can you setup an auto responder or out of office message on Shared mailboxes? Yes you can!
How do I change my status in Outlook?
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the status drop down menu below your email address. Note: You can also remove your status by clicking ‘Sign out of IM’.
- Select your current availability.