How do I turn off the filter light on my Samsung refrigerator?
To reset the water filter indicator you need to find the multi-function button(s) on your display that controls the filter indicator. Then press and hold the button(s) until the light changes.
Why is the filter light on my Samsung fridge?
A Samsung refrigerator has a filter indicator light to inform you when it is time to change the water filter. The light starts out in a blue color, indicating a fresh filter. The light changes to purple once the filter is five months old. When the light turns red, the filter requires changing.
How often does Samsung fridge filter need to be changed?
every six months
You need a clean water filter to get fresh, filtered water. We recommend that you replace the water filter every six months. The refrigerator’s water filter light will let you know when those six months are up and should be reset after changing the filter.
How do you reset the filter light on a Samsung American fridge Freezer?
- Your refrigerator will alert you when the water filter needs changing.
- To reset the water filter alert system, press and hold the Ice Type / Filter Change button for 3 seconds.
- Changing your water filter.
- The Filter light turns red to let you know when it is time to change your water filter cartridge.
Will Samsung refrigerator work without water filter?
Most Samsung water and ice dispensers will work without an AquaPure water filter installed. The water filter housings are designed as rotary valves that allow the water to bypass the water filter whenever there is no filter or the filter is not in the locked position.
Will Samsung fridge work without filter?
How does refrigerator water filter light work?
Refrigerator – Water Filter Indicator Light
- Orange: The replace filter light will turn orange to tell you that you should replace the filter soon.
- Red: The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replace filter indicator light turns red or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases.