How can I duplicate a table in vertica?
- User must have INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and SELECT privileges on the source table.
- User must have CREATE privileges on the target table and target table schema if COPY_TABLE is creating a new table.
- User must have INSERT privileges on the target table if COPY_TABLE is adding to an existing table.
How do I import a CSV file into Vertica?
Loading CSV Data (RFC4180)
- Create a flex table: => CREATE FLEX TABLE csv_basic(); CREATE TABLE.
- Load the data from the CSV file using fcsvparser : => COPY csv_basic FROM ‘/home/dbadmin/flex/flexData1.csv’ PARSER fcsvparser(); Rows Loaded ————- 3 (1 row)
- View the data loaded in the flex table:
What is a copy table?
If you want to copy the data of one SQL table into another SQL table in the same SQL server, then it is possible by using the SELECT INTO statement in SQL. The SELECT INTO statement in Structured Query Language copies the content from one existing table into the new table.
How do I create a table from another table?
A copy of an existing table can be created using a combination of the CREATE TABLE statement and the SELECT statement. The new table has the same column definitions. All columns or specific columns can be selected.
What is Flex table in vertica?
This guide describes how to use flexible (flex) tables, which are a different kind of database table designed for loading and querying unstructured data, also called semi-structured data in your Vertica Analytics Platform. Flex tables can contain only unstructured, raw data, or both unstructured and columnar data.
How do you Copy a table in Excel?
Copy a Word table into Excel
- In a Word document, select the rows and columns of the table that you want to copy to an Excel worksheet.
- To copy the selection, press CTRL+C.
- In the Excel worksheet, select the upper-left corner of the worksheet area where you want to paste the Word table.
- Press CRL+V.
How do you Copy a table?
To copy the table, press CTRL+C. To cut the table, press CTRL+X.
How do you create a table and copy data from another table?
The most portable means of copying a table is to:
- Create the new table with a CREATE TABLE statement.
- Use INSERT based on a SELECT from the old table: INSERT INTO new_table SELECT * FROM old_table.
How do you make a flex table?
- CREATE Statements.
- CREATE ACCESS POLICY.
- CREATE AUTHENTICATION.
- CREATE DIRECTED QUERY.
- CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE AS COPY.
- CREATE FAULT GROUP.
- CREATE FLEX TABLE.
- CREATE FLEX EXTERNAL TABLE AS COPY.
How do you copy a table in Excel?
Copy an Excel chart
- In Excel, click the chart that you want to copy to another Office program, and then press Ctrl+C.
- Open the other Office program, click where you want to paste the chart, and then press Ctrl+V.
How do I copy a table format in Excel?
Copy cell formatting
- Select the cell with the formatting you want to copy.
- Select Home > Format Painter.
- Drag to select the cell or range you want to apply the formatting to.
- Release the mouse button and the formatting should now be applied.
How do you create a table from another table Excel?
- create a sheet, or go where you want the table in your current sheet.
- click the ‘data’ tab and select “connections” in the connections section.
- from there select the drop down on the add button and select Add to Data Model..
- Click the tables tab.
- now close the dialog.
How to copy data from one table to another in Vertica?
Vertica copies all data from this table to the target table. The target table of the source table. If the target table already exists, Vertica appends the source to the existing table. If the table does not exist, Vertica creates a table from the source table’s definition, by calling CREATE TABLE with LIKE and INCLUDING PROJECTIONS clause.
How do I create a new table in Vertica?
If the target table already exists, Vertica appends the source to the existing table. If the table does not exist, Vertica creates a table from the source table’s definition, by calling CREATE TABLE with LIKE and INCLUDING PROJECTIONS clause. The new table inherits ownership from the source table. For details, see Replicating a Table.
Why is my copy_table not working in Vertica?
If the target table contains auto-increment, identity, or named sequence columns, Vertica cancels the copy and displays an error message. If you call COPY_TABLE and the target table does not exist, the function creates the table automatically.
What happens if the target table does not exist in Vertica?
If you call COPY_TABLEand the target table does not exist, the function creates the table automatically. In the following example, the target table public.newtabledoes not exist. COPY_TABLE creates the table and replicates the source table. Verticaalso copies all the constraints associated with the source table except foreign key constraints.