Table of Contents
What are the criteria of dance contest?
Dance competitions are judged based on a variety of criteria, including a dancer’s age, level, technique, performance quality, choreography, and presentation. All dance competitions have a different rubric for scoring, but a judge will always take these things into consideration when adjudicating.
How do you judge dance performance?
- Facial expressions and body language.
- Hand and eye movements.
- Costume and presentation.
- Artistic Potential.
- Choreography (technical nuances)
- Selection of the music piece.
- Overall Clarity and Impact.
What are the six qualities of dance energies?
Specifically, in dance we identify six dynamic qualities: sustained, percussive, swinging, suspended, collapsed, and vibratory.
What is the most important elements of dance?
The most important element of dance is music, and it is rare for dance of any kind—social, theatrical, or religious—to develop without musical accompaniment.
What is the focus in elements of dance?
Single focus—draws attention to the direction of the movement. Multi-focus—allows the dancers to change head and eye focus during the movement. Choreographers and dancers also consider the size of the movement or the range of motion in a given space.
How do you judge a presentation?
- Communication. Did the presenter use language and terminology that was clear and understandable? Was the pace of the talk effective?
- Comprehension. Did the talk help you to understand the scholarly research and creativity?
- Engagement. Was the talk engaging?
How do you judge a poster contest?
Poster Evaluation Criteria
- Ability to Stand Alone: The poster should be able to stand alone as a clear communication of the project without the team present.
- Balance: The poster should be a balance of text, figures, and space.
- Overall Visual Appeal: Color and font changes should be used appropriately.
What are the principles of dance?
Here we detail the five elements that all forms of dance and creative movement have in common: body, action, space, time and energy.
What are the importance of the elements of dance?
The Elements of Dance are the foundational concepts and vocabulary that help students develop movement skills and understand dance as an artistic practice. This framework is a way to discuss any kind of movement.