How do I sync my Polaris Indy carb?
How to Sync Snowmobile Carbs
- Access engine and expose cylinders. You need to have clear access to the cylinders to adjust the carbs.
- Loosen the jam nut on the throttle cable and idle adjustment screw.
- Use drill bits to set slide height.
- Repeat the process for the remaining carbs.
Where is the idle screw on a Mikuni carb?
The air screw can be located either near the back side of the carburetor or near the front of the carburetor. If the screw is located near the back, it regulates how much air enters the circuit. If the screw is turned in, it reduces the amount of air and richens the mixture.
How do you know if your carbs need to be synced?
Carburetor Synchronization: Symptoms
- Rough and/or erratic idle.
- Poor fuel mileage.
- Abnormal engine noises. * This is caused by what is called “power pulses”.
- Increased exhaust emissions. Carburetor Synchronization: Common Problems.
- Air leaks (vacuum leaks)
- High Idle.
- Engine won’t start.
What are the specs of a 1991 Indy 650?
CARBURETION 1991 Indy 650 EC65PL-02 Main Jet -260 Pilot Jet -45 Air Screw -1.0 turn Indy SportlGT EC44-3PM-Ql Main Jet -155 Pilot Jet -35 Air Screw -1 1/2 turn 8/94 Jet Needle -60H4-3 Cut Away -3.0 Jet Needle -50P?-3 Cut Away -3.0 6.36 Altitude -Feet 1000-3000 3000-5000 5000-7000 7000-9000 9000-11000 Altitude -Feet
How many air screws in a 1986 IndyCar?
CARBURETION 1986 Star EC25PS-06 Main Jet -130 Pilot Jet -60 Air Screw -1.5 turn Sprint (ES) EC34-2PM-D1/02 Main Jet -145 Pilot Jet -35 Air Screw -1.0 turn SS EC44-2PM-3100 Main Jet -280 Pilot Jet -40 Air Screw -1.0 turn Indy Trail EC50PM-01 Main Jet -220 Pilot Jet -30 Air Screw -1 .0 turn Indy 400
How many turns does the Indy 500 have?
Indy 500 (All) EC50PL-Ol!02 488 VM38SS (2) 280 40 1.0 turn Aluminum Hex Indy WideTrak EC50PL-03 488 VM34SS (2) 190 35 1 1!4 turn Zinc Hex Indy 650 (All) EC65PL-Ol 648 VM38SS (3) 260 45 1.0 turn Zinc Hex
What are the specs of the Supersport touring ec44-3pm01?
Sport Touring EC44-3PM01 Carburetor Type -VM34SS Main Jet -180 Pilot Jet -35 Cut Away -2.5 Air Screw -1.25 Turn Jet Needle -60H7-3 Needle Jet -P-4 (166) Super Sport