Table of Contents
How do I populate a list in Excel from another sheet?
Make the Drop-Down List
- Select E1 from Sheet1.
- Select Data from the ribbon.
- Click the Data Validation icon in the Data Tools group and choose Data Validation or Validate from the drop-down menu, depending on the version of Excel you are using.
- Select the Settings tab in the pop-up.
- Select List from the Allow menu.
How do I go to a specific worksheet from a drop down list in Excel?
On the Menu sheet, there is a data validation drop down list. Select a sheet type from the drop down list, and only the Menu sheet, and sheets with the selected text in their name are visible.
Can I use data validation from another sheet?
You can force data validation to reference a list on another worksheet using two different approaches: named ranges and the INDIRECT function.
How do I create a hyperlink to another sheet in Excel?
On a worksheet, select the cell where you want to create a link. On the Insert tab, select Hyperlink. You can also right-click the cell and then select Hyperlink… on the shortcut menu, or you can press Ctrl+K. Under Display Text:, type the text that you want to use to represent the link.
How do I auto populate Data in Excel from a drop-down list?
Drop down list auto populate with VLOOKUP function
- Select a blank cell that you want to auto populate the corresponding value.
- Copy and paste the below formula into into it, and then press the Enter key.
- From now on, when you select a name in the drop down list, E2 will be auto-populated with a specific score.
How do I link data from one sheet to another?
Create a link to a worksheet in the same workbook
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create the external reference.
- Type = (equal sign).
- Switch to the worksheet that contains the cells that you want to link to.
- Select the cell or cells that you want to link to and press Enter.
How to make a drop down list on Excel?
– Select the cells that you want to contain the lists. – On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation. – In the dialog, set Allow to List. – Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How to copy drop down list to next sheet?
select view page source. Hit ctrl+f from windows or command+f if you are on mac. search for the any of the option from drop down list. copy the whole block containing the drop down options and paste it on notepad or notepad++ or any other editor of your choice.
How to auto update drop down list in Excel?
Drop down list auto populate with VLOOKUP function. Please do as follows to auto populate other cells when selecting in drop down list. 1. Select a blank cell that you want to auto populate the corresponding value. 2. Copy and paste the below formula into into it, and then press the Enter key.
How do you delete a drop down list in Excel?
Select the cell where you need to create the drop-down list.